Pléiades Satellite ImageryThe very-high-resolution constellation
Pléiades 1A and Pléiades 1B operate as a constellation in the same orbit, phased 180° apart.
The identical twin satellites deliver very-high-resolution optical data products in record time and offer a daily revisit capability to any point on the globe.
The Pléiades constellation is designed to obtain data in double-quick time:
- Ability to acquire imagery anywhere in the world in less than 24 hrs. in response to a crisis or natural disaster.
- Regular monitoring, as often as every day if required.
- Three satellite work plans a day ensure easy handling of last-minute tasking requests.
- Twice the coverage and twice the chance of obtaining cloud-free imagery.
Pléiades products are ideally suited to precision mapping and photointerpretation.
Availability and Flexibility
Maximum acquisition capacity of 1 million sq.km per day, per satellite.
Exceptional agility to maximize acquisitions of a specific area of interest.
- 5 acquisition modes: Target, Strip Mapping, Tri-stereo, Corridor and Persistent Surveillance.
Pléiades, a civil/military programme integrated with SPOT 6 and 7
The Pléiades programme stems from the ORFEO cooperation agreements established in September 2001 by the French and Italian space agencies to develop a dual-use Earth-imaging system offering sub-metric resolution.
Pléiades, New Image Quality
Sharper products and enhanced geometry
See by yourself.