SPOTMapsSynoptic Picture and Local Detail
SPOTMaps products are 2.5m, natural color, seamless ortho-mosaics derived from SPOT 5 data, providing nationwide and regional basemaps for a large part of the globe. Framed according to your area of interest, SPOTMaps are the ideal geographic reference for your visualization, mapping and planning needs.
SPOTMaps are currently available over more than 110 countries, and more than 94 million km². This coverage is growing and updated on a monthly basis.
- Seamless, uniform coverage across whole national and regional territories
- Color basemaps with high geometric accuracy
- Suitable for working at scales up to 1:10 000
- Complements all types of georeferenced databases
- Colors faithfully reflect true landscape colors
- Very cost efficient
- Integrates directly in your GIS
- Multiuser license available
Countries and Territories Covered
Some countries and territories are partially covered.
Download the kml file of SPOTMaps coverage to verify directly in Google Earth the exact locations
Synoptic and local coverage for your project needs
SPOTMaps give you a synoptic picture of a territory as well as the local level of detail you need for more precise analysis.
SPOTMaps provide the visual product and basemap you need to:
- View an entire territory
- Simulate siting of new infrastructures
- Perform impact studies
- Produce or update zoning plans and maps
- Share information with your partners
- Source Data: SPOT 5 satellite imagery
- Resolution: 2.5m
- Spectral Mode: Natural color (3 bands)
- Location Accuracy: 10 to 15m RMS
- Projection: UTM WGS 84
- Preprocessing Level: Level 3A - Ortho
- File Format: GeoTIFF
Product Framing : Per sq.km, to match your area of interest
Note: other formats or projections may be possible according to feasibility, for large-area coverages